UCT [email protected] is pleased to present a half-day seminar to highlight the changes to the National Credit Act.
The National Credit Act Amendment Bill is on the verge of being approved and has real consequences for credit providers and debt counsellors in particular. This very successful half-day course focuses on the changes and the likely impact that they will have in the market.
About the seminar
The purpose of this half-day seminar is to highlight the changes to the National Credit Act, including:
- What is ‘debt intervention’, who qualifies for it and how do go about applying it?
- What is the likely effect of debt intervention on companies?
- How have the National Consumer Tribunal’s powers been amended?
- How does a consumer get a clearance certificate?
- How will credit bureau reports change?
- What are the duties of a debt counsellor with regards to reckless credit (must there be an investigation)?
- What information must be provided by credit providers of the debt counsellor (and what happens if you don’t do it)?
- What is an application for rehabilitation?
- How is insurance cover affected?
Click here for more information about the course.
Registration and enquiries
Please contact [email protected], UCT Faculty of Law: