Juta’s panel of renowned experts outline the core employment issues arising from COVID-19, cover the practical application of key principles, and provide a current survey of statutory developments and important case law.
- 90 minute webinar with our panelists
- Interactive questions and answers discussion
- Introduction and the effect of COVID-19 on employment: Core issues, latest health and safety requirements and statutory developments – Avinash Govindjee
- Reinforcement and application of basic principles: Employment contracts, basic conditions, impossibility of performance, Force Majeure clauses – John Grogan
- Dismissals linked to COVID-19, particularly as anticipated during Level 1: General principles (insubordination, incapacity, retrenchment and link to business rescue) – Puke Maserumule
- Key cases survey: Khosa, cigarettes; NEHAWU, Macsteel; Minister of Tourism – BEE Codes; Picketing during lockdown – John Grogan, Puke Maserumule and Avinash Govindjee
Click here for more details.