2023 round-up webinar: A summary of greylisting, new FICA directives & amendments
13 Nov 2023
2023 has been a year filled with changes to FICA legislation, updates within the financial crime and compliance landscape and many more. Many of these changes were proactively taken, aimed at preventing a greylisting designation but also reactive responses based on the FATF’s recommendations after South Africa was greylisted.
Join DocFox for a webinar to wrap-up the year on the 23rd of November at 10:00. The session will unpack the relevant FICA amendments and news stories that made headlines.
Topics to be discussed:
- South Africa’s Greylisting in context
- Cash Threshold Amendments
- Introduction of new categories of Accountable Institutions
- The General Laws Amendment Act
- Latest FIC Directives 6, 7 and 8
- The CIPC Beneficial Ownership Register
- Highlights from the FIC’s 2022/2023 Annual Report
- Learnings from the 2022/2023 FIC Annual Report
- Ultimate beneficial ownership registration requirements
- Significant developments in reporting beneficial ownership
- Risk and compliance reporting: Legal practitioners not above the law