What are the requirements for a Portuguese Golden Visa?
18 Jul 2019
What is the Portuguese Golden Visa?
A Golden Visa is a type of residence visa with added benefits, offered by several European countries including Portugal. It is an investment scheme that ensures visa-free travel in the Schengen zone to non-European investors and their families.
Why get a Golden Visa?
The Golden Visa Programme boasts an extensive list of benefits ranging from financial gains to the freedom of visa-free travel that a real estate investment in Portugal offers non-European investors. In order to inspire you further, below we have collected some key points, brought up during our experience with International investors.
How to get a Golden Visa?
Contact us, we are here to help investors obtain a Golden Visa through a real estate or general investment that will grant them a permanent European residence permit.
Investments eligible for the Portuguese Golden Visa
Purchase a property worth at least 500,000€ (€400,000 in (low density area))
Purchase a property worth at least 350,00€ (refurbishment or specific rehabilitation areas)
Invest at least 350,000€ in an investment fund
Transfer 1,000,000€ to a Portuguese bank account
Invest at least 350,000€ in scientific research
Create at least 10 new jobs.
Invest at least 350,000k€ as share capital of a company registered in Portugal
(we offer an end-to-end service)
Benefits of the Portuguese Golden Visa Travel freely in the EU
- Live, work and study in Portugal
- Portuguese passport within 5 years
- Low physical presence requirement (only 7 days/year)
- Attractive taxation system
- Highly competitive return on investment
- Extended residence to family members
- Option to become a “non-habitual resident” of Portugal for tax purposes, thereby paying little or no tax for at least 10 years.
- Member of EU and Schengen area
- One of the fastest growing economies in Europe
- One of the safest countries in the world
- Tourism revenue growth of 8.7% per year
- 300 educational institutions and universities
- Premium and free health care network