Benaters is a dedicated private practice where we focus our attention on families. Families in business. Families looking out for their loved ones. Families looking out for each other.
As a family ourselves, we understand that sometimes a person’s business and their personal life are intertwined. We therefore take the time to meet with each person and each family often, and face-to-face, in order to offer an all-inclusive service where we aim to hold hands with our clients as they go through the ebbs and flows of life. We pride ourselves on our individual private client attention – your problems and concerns are ours too. In doing so, we aim to provide not just a professional service but a personalised service experience and expert advice which is straightforward, practical and affordable.
We work closely with small family owned businesses, often involving niche work, and guide them through the intricacies involved in doing business with family – like selling shares between brothers, drafting loan agreements between fathers and sons, lease agreements between mothers and daughters and employment agreements between cousins. We even guide families through the emotional exercises of drafting sound wills ensuring their estates are properly architected.
We provide expertise in corporate and commercial affairs, conveyancing, wills and estates, succession planning advice, the formation and registration of trusts together with notary and legalisation services. Our advice is always flexible, scalable, dependable and (importantly in today’s times) affordable enough to suit an individual, a family, a small business or even a large business.
Our distinctive approach to practice allows for a personal approach to your affairs. We also have the unique advantage of being able to advise on cross jurisdictional issues as well. Collectively, we have significant breadth and depth of experience and specialist expertise that spans across many facets of law. And we provide it with great skill, genuine care, reliable support and true understanding. Ensuring that all our dealings with our clients are positive ones.
We stand by you during all the phases of your life – from initiating your business, to guiding you through the start-up challenges, to rooting for you when you run a successful one, to celebrating with you when you get married and holding your hand when your loved one passes.
After all, your family is our family too.
What we offer
We act for private individuals and small businesses advising on a wide array of legal services in relation to the following:
- comprehensive conveyancing expertise - attending to the transfer of property and advising on private property purchases and sales, property developments and projects, including sectional title issues as well as all of their respective contractual issues
- administration of deceased estates - we have the expertise to ensure that your or your loved ones estate is administered swiftly and professionally;
- advisory and drafting of comprehensive wills;
- comprehensive estate and succession planning (both onshore and offshore) - we have the expertise to advise and propose structures to maintain, maximise and transfer your estate;
- formation of local trusts - we offer cost-effective drafting and registration of new local trusts and the review of existing trust deeds according to your specific requirements; and
- notary and legalisation services specifically in relation to the authentication of documents executed inside of South Africa for use outside of South Africa.