Partner | Investment Funds & Private Equity
18 Mar 2020
Website GRM Search
Our client is a well known and large law firm with a top-notch PE team looking for a skilled private equity & investment funds lawyer to join their amazing and growing Stellenbosch office. As arguably the most reputable firm with a physical presence in the Winelands, the client has a phenomenal existing client base that they are looking to continuously grow. This firm is renowned for its involvement in high-profile, high-value, and headline cases.
- Advise clients on all aspects of private equity & investment (open & closed-ended) funds in South Africa and abroad;
- Advise on the implications and obligations of a private equity fundraising transaction to investment managers, asset managers, funds and investors;
- Advise on the structuring, setting-up and assisting in the operation of funds and management companies in a variety of jurisdictions, predominantly South Africa;
- Set up private equity, real estate and infrastructure funds; hedge funds, umbrella funds, funds of funds, feeder funds, derivative and mezzanine funds;
- Structure individual investment managers’ holdings;
- Advising on licensing and regulation of investment funds and investment management companies;
- Advise on financial services legislation;
- Negotiate and draft final agreements, e.g. investment advisory and management mandates, custody agreements, administration agreements, and prime brokerage agreements;
- Listing investment funds and conduct due diligence;
- Fund migrations and funds litigation services;
- Creating structured products.
Qualifications & Experience
- 6+ years PQE admitted lawyer;
- Law Degree from a leading University, (preference will be given to LLM candidates);
- Solid experience in the private equity and investment funds space;
- Multi-jurisdictional experience (preferred but not mandatory);
- Transferrable book of business;
- Experience dealing with the Financial Sector Conduct Authority (FSCA).
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.