Associate | Employment
18 Mar 2020
This is an excellent opportunity to join a leading employment law team offering a dynamic work environment and exposure to diverse matters and clients. In addition to having a keen interest in employment law, the ideal candidate should be achievement-oriented, focused, able to work independently and under pressure in a deadline-driven environment, without compromising work quality or standards.
- Drafting various documents including inter alia: pleadings, affidavits, agreements and general correspondence;
- Researching law and furnishing legal opinions;
- Attending consultations with clients and counsel;
- Attending to appearances at the Labour Court, High Court and CCMA;
- Attending to all aspects of proceedings, including collating evidence and witness consultations;
- General practice management including inter alia: managing files and attending to the recovery of fees;
- Liaising with opposing attorneys;
- Building and maintaining relationships (both internally and externally) with clients / potential new clients.
Qualifications & Experience
- Thorough knowledge of the law, and employment law specifically;
- A passion for litigation;
- At least 2 years’ post-admission experience in a litigation-based environment, with working experience in employment law;
- Thorough knowledge of the procedural requirements of civil litigation and practice;
- Strong analytical skills;
- A track record of providing innovative solutions to complex matters;
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written;
- The ability to self-regulate;
- The ability to work as a member of a team;
- The ability to consistently produce high-quality work.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.