General Principles of Commercial Law 9e (Multimedia ePub)
29 Apr 2021
About this publication:
General Principles of Commercial Law is a concise compendium written specifically for non-law students. Authored by experienced commercial law lecturers in the Department of Mercantile Law at the University of South Africa, this has been a prescribed text for undergraduate non-law students at various South African tertiary institutions for the past 28 years.
General Principles of Commercial Law provides students with a succinct exposition of the general principles of commercial law. It covers a wide range of topics influenced by the registration requirements of the Independent Regulatory Board for Auditors.
The ninth edition has been updated to reflect recent statutory and other developments in commercial law and includes:
- A revised chapter on credit agreements to reflect recent amendments to the National Credit Act 34 of 2005.
- A new chapter 24 that deals with various aspects of banking law, including a discussion of selected aspects of both the Banks Act 94 of 1990 and the Financial Sector Regulation Act 9 of 2017, as well as an introduction to the principles of indigenous banking law and the important aspect of financial inclusion.
- An expanded chapter on methods of payment, which includes a discussion of selected modern types of digital payment and other developments in the sphere of payments, including cryptocurrencies.
- Interactive self-test questions instantly validate learning.
- Video lectures provide further context on key concepts discussed in the book.
- Audio glossaries promote an understanding of commonly used terms and concepts.
- Case study application questions teach students how to apply their knowledge.
- Online support material available on Juta Passmasters for lecturers and students.
- Table of Cases
- Table of Statutes
- The South African Legal System
- Introduction to the Science of Law
- Law of Contract: Introduction
- Capacity to Perform Juristic Acts
- The Agreement must be Possible
- Terms of the Contract
- Interpretation of the Contract
- Breach of Contract
- Remedies for Breach of Contract
- Transfer and Termination of Personal Rights
- The Contract of Sale
- The Contract of Lease
- The Contract of Insurance
- Credit Agreements
- Labour Law
- Intellectual Property Law and Franchising
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- The Law of Agency
- Forms of Business Enterprise
- Banking Law: Selected Topics
- Payment: Negotiable Instruments
- Other Methods of Payment
- The Law of Trusts
- The Law of Insolvency
- The Law of Administration of Estates
- Consumer Protection
- Undergraduate non-law university students of commercial law
- Universities of Technology and colleges
- Commercial lawyers
- Banking institutions
- Edition: 9th
- Format: Multimedia eBook
- ISBN: 9781485137177
- Language(s): English
- Published: 2021
- Category: Commercial Law
- Retail price: R1158
Click here to purchase your copy.