Does your firm have an effective risk management plan? Attend this seminar to learn more about the risks facing legal practitioners.
About this seminar
The effective management of risks is an important consideration for any legal practice. Every well-run legal practice must have an appropriate and effective risk management plan. This one-day seminar will provide a comprehensive view of risk management for law firms.
Who should register?
This seminar will benefit all legal practitioners, candidate attorneys and legal support staff.
Presenters from the Attorneys Fidelity Fund (AFF) and the Attorneys Insurance Indemnity Fund NPC (AIIF) will share insights on risk management for law firms based on their experience in dealing with trust money theft claims and professional indemnity (PI) claims brought against attorneys.
Simthandile Myemane is a Practitioner Support Manager at the AFF. Zodwa Mbatha, Joe Kunene, and Thomas Harban are the Executor Bond Executive, Claims Executive and General Manager of the AIIF, respectively.
The presenters have many years of experience in the area of risk management for law firms and regularly publish articles on the subject in De Rebus, the South African Attorneys’ Journal. The presenters also have extensive experience in developing material for LEAD courses as well as delivering lectures on the subject.
Registration fee categories (VAT inclusive)
The registration fees are substantially subsidised for practising attorneys and candidate attorneys.
- Practising attorneys: R1 550.00 per person
- Practising attorneys from firms further than 150km from closest venue: R1 150.00 per person
- Candidate attorneys and support staff: R1 420.00 per person
- Non-practising attorneys/others: R3 100.00 per person
Registration closes 48 hours prior to the day of the seminar.
How to register
- Email the completed registration form as well as your EFT proof of payment to [email protected]
- Kindly specify on the registration form that you heard about this course from GoLegal.
LSSA banking details
Refer to the registration form for details.
Contact LEAD’s Seminars Department
For more information about this seminar, contact the Seminars Department at
E: [email protected] or on T: +27 (0)12 441 4644 / 4690 / 4913.
Please take note
- The LSSA will not accept liability if fees are not paid into the designated LSSA bank account.
- Seminar registration will be confirmed only if proof of payment is attached to the registration form.
- LEAD makes use of reputable venues. The venues for these events will be determined by the number of registrations. Please wait for the confirmation before you make flight and accommodation bookings.
- Registrations close 48 hours prior to the seminar dates. No registrations will be accepted thereafter without written approval from LEAD.
- LEAD reserves the right to cancel a learning activity should the number of delegates not justify the costs involved. Registered delegates will be given reasonable notice of cancellation.
- To cancel a seminar registration, the delegate should email [email protected] at least 48 hours before the seminar starts to avoid being liable for the full fee. Refunds must be claimed in writing within 15 business days after cancellation.
Other seminars offered by LEAD
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Consumer Protection Act
- Evictions and Rental Recovery
- Immigration and Refugee Law
- Land Claims
- Legal Debt Collection
- Mining Law
- The Legal Entrepreneur
- Pension Law
- Risk Management
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER FOR THE RISK MANAGEMENT SEMINAR