In the midst of chaos and uncertainty, find stability inside you.
Mindfulness is about being more fully present in our lives, embracing all of our experiences, and most importantly, changing the relationship we have towards our suffering. Mindfulness training helps us to grow our innate mindfulness capacity, which in turn helps to regulate our nervous system and improve our sense of well-being.
Join UCT [email protected] for eight weeks of mindfulness training in which you will be taught progressive skills in mindfulness through presentations, guided practices and enquiry sessions.
- Introduction to mindfulness and neuroscience
- The body as a place to stay present
- Introducing mindfulness support
- Working with distraction
- Exploring the undercurrent of thoughts
- Working with the Observer and cultivating an attitude of self acceptance
- Our brains’ emotional regulatory systems and compassion training
- A mindfulness-based life
This online course runs over eight weekly sessions and will be offered twice this year:
- Option 1: 8 April to 27 May 2021 (Thursday evenings, 18:00 to 20:00)
- Option 2: 10 June to 29 July 2021 (Thursday evenings, 18:00-20:00)
Each session is two hours long, with a 15 minute break, in the comfort of your own home.
Click here for more information.
Click here to download the brochure.
Click here to register.