[email protected], UCT Faculty of Law presents a two hour webinar exploring the FAIS Act in context.
The Financial Advisory and Intermediary Services Act is intended to protect consumers as well as financial service providers. However, the Act is not easy to read and the details may be difficult to grasp for those not used to working with legal documents. This course will unpack the terminology of the Act, the requirements and obligations, updates to the legislation, and the Act’s relationship to related legislation.
- Introduction to FAIS, financial products and licence categories
- Definition of “advice”
- Definition of “intermediary service”
- Introduction to the key individual, representative and compliance officer positions
- Fit and proper requirements
- Updates from BN 194 of 2017
- FAIS Specific Obligations
- FAIS General Obligations
- Conflict of Interest
- Review of latest RDR proposals
- FAIS under twin peaks legislation
- Repeal of FAIS and similar provisions under COFI
- Cryptoassets as a financial product
Click here for more information.
Click here to register.
Click here to download the brochure.