The GC Summit lands in Cape Town – for the first time in Africa!
February 15th & February 16th 2024 – FREE for In-House Counsel
This is THE legal event of the year – no question.
Watch this intro video and turn the volume up!!
Law Ninjas and The GRM Group are proud to present the inaugural edition of this exclusive summit in Cape Town which will feature GCs and senior leaders engaging in interactive discussions on the key issues facing the legal industry in Africa.
It will be a 2-day event with a series of interesting panel conversations, networking opportunities and fun activities, with an exciting afterparty and much more besides.
When and where?
- Cape Town
- February 15th and 16th 2024
For the first time ever on the African continent, the GC Summit Series, home to the leading General Counsels and Heads of Legal, the world over, comes to Cape Town.
Hundreds of Africa’s leading lawyers and businesses and 50+ expert speakers discuss the future of the business of law across Africa.
Dignitaries, business leaders and the continent’s top lawyers, from every corner of Africa swap information, ideas and strategies.
It won’t just be work, work, work – there will be fun and entertainment too.
This event is going to be more than a conference, expect an experience!
Who will benefit from this event?
- Africa-based general counsel, head of legal, in-house counsel
- Legal practices as sponsors and speakers
- Legal tech
- Free for in-house counsel
- For law firms and legal tech that wish to sponsor – email Rob Green at [email protected] for more details
How to sign up
Presenters (so far)
- Denis Peterson, Group General Counsel, Mercedes-Benz South Africa
- Rob Green, Founder, The GRM Group
- Stacey-Lee Bolon, CEO, STiiNT-iT
- Wellington Chimwaradze, General Counsel, Unilever Africa
- Berenice K Thaver, General Manager, Legal & Regulatory Affairs, MTN Group
- Berné Burger, Head of Legal, Ozow
- Nick Wright, Group Head of Legal, VALR
- Zinhle Mariani, General Counsel, Africa, Experian
- Leilah Jacobs, Legal Head: SA and Developing Markets Cluster and Executive Director, Merck Group
- Tamryn Sass, General Counsel, Nelson Mandela Foundation
- Amber Freeman, Head of Legal, OfferZen
- Mohamed Adel, General Counsel – MEA, Gennecs Pharmaceuticals
- Shibishi Maruatona, General Counsel, Ford Motor Company
- Cheryl Singh, General Counsel and Group Company Secretary, AECI
- Elizabeth Ifeoma Uba-Onubogu, Group Company Secretary and Head of Legal Services, Investment One Financial Services Limited
- Gobisha Ankiah, Head of Legal, Southern Africa, Sanofi
- Rhoodie Dakamela, General Counsel – Everyday Banking, Absa Bank Limited
- Benjamin Petteau, General Counsel & Ethics Officer, Southern Africa, ENGIE
- Kai Howie, General Counsel, G7 Renewable Energies
- Tania Jarjur, General Counsel, Yellow Door Energy
- Lynda AIT KACI, General Counsel, North Africa, Baker Hughes
- Sharon Bwanya, Group General Counsel, Masawara Group
- Valerie Bremer, General Counsel, BetterHome Group
- Yesthiel Singh, General Counsel and Company Secretary, IQbusiness
- Esti Louw, Head of Legal Africa, PayU
- Yashkar Jugwanth, Group General Counsel, Impuma Group
- Zanele Sithole, Legal Counsel, The Walt Disney Company Africa
- Desiree Kgadi Kekana, Legal and Compliance Executive and Company Secretary, Africa, Parmalat
- Lebogang Radebe, Company Secretary, UNISA Enterprise
- Trisha Singh, Company Secretary, African Bank
- Yurika Pistorius, Group Compliance Officer, Clientele
- Candice Slump, Manager Litigation, Competition Commission of South Africa
- Chibuye Ngulube, General Counsel and Company Secretary, Chilanga Cement Plc
- Mostafa Shawky, Group General Counsel, Hassan Allam Holding
- Yolande Kleinhans, Chief Compliance Officer: Everyday Banking, Absa Group
- Balram Suguna, Senior Vice President, Public Investment Fund (Saudi Arabia)
- Juliet Manteaw-Kutin, General Counsel, Asante Gold Corporation
- Katy-Lynne Kay, General Counsel, BTE Renewables
- Misi Oni, Principal Legal Counsel, African Development Bank
- Andrita Maharaj, Head of Legal – Middle East and Africa, TMF Group
- Annabelle (Reddy) Thomas, General Counsel, South Africa and Sub-Saharan Africa, L’Oreal
- Dianah Igati, General Counsel, Chief Compliance & MLRO, Scope Markets Kenya
- Ganesh Parameswaran, General Counsel – Asia, Africa and Group Supply Chain, BIC
- Ric Pillay, Partner, LNP Beyond Legal
- Kirsty Simpson, Partner, DLA Piper