English for Law Students 3e (Multimedia eBook)
07 May 2021
About this publication:
English for Law Students has been written by experts in communication and aims at encouraging dialogue and interaction between lecturer and student. The methodology used is not only useful to law students but also to those lecturers who do not have a legal background.
- Language skills, including note-making and summarising as well as writing, reading, study and grammar skills are progressively developed throughout the book.
- Audio lectures provide further context and assist learners in solidifying their learning.
- Audio glossaries of terms promote an understanding of commonly used terms and concepts.
- Visual aids such as diagrams and infographics illustrate important concepts and map processes at a glance.
- Case studies teach students how to apply their knowledge.
- Support material available on Juta Passmasters for lecturers and students.
- Introduction to English for Law Students
- Divisions and subjects in the study of law
- Reading the judgment in a South African court case
- Dealing with textbooks
- Reading complex text
- Structuring academic writing
- Reading an Act
- Expressing and evaluating opinions
- Plain legal language
- Critical reading skills
- Law and literature
- Formal correspondence
- Advanced research in law subjects
- First time or non-law students needing to access and understand legal sources
- Students with English as a second language
- Teachers of English and law
- Edition: 3rd
- Format: Multimedia eBook
- Extent: 296 Pages
- ISBN: 9781485137337
- Language(s): English
- Published: 2021
- Category: Introduction to Law
- Retail price: R695
Click here to purchase your copy.