- Tax experience
- Drafting experience
- Large Law firm experience
- Hands on Legal Approach
- 5+ years relevant PQE
- Act as a partner
- Maintain existing database of clients
- Interact with external stakeholders
- Ability to act independently
- Accurate advice
- Great drafting skills
- Transferable book of business
About the client
Our client is an established large sized international firm with approved prospects of expansion based in Johannesburg. The firm is part of a larger professional society and has a national footprint in all fields of interest. The reputation of the firm exceeds itself and is known for legal expertise.
The role will require acting as a partner under supervision of the directors. Providing legal services to all businesses and operation of the client in South Africa and other countries under the care of the key Directors.
- Preparation of Annual Financial Statements
- Tax calculations and reconciliations
- Preparation and submission of income tax returns
- Tax reports, advise and opinions
- International private client tax consulting (high net wealth & trusts)
- Tax & Estate Planning
- Creation and Administration of Trust
- Alternative Dispute Resolutions
- Tax Administration and Compliance
- Verifications of Assessments
- Income Tax Registrations
- Application for Tax Directives/ Clearance Certificates
- Vat Registration
- Employee Tax Registration
- Securities Transfer Tax
- Legal advising
- Ensuring compliance of client companies to the Companies Act
- Assisting Board meetings
- Maintaining statutory registers
- Ensure timely and proper filing of statuary documents to the Registrar of Companies and to the Financial Services Commission
- Reviewing Subscription and shareholders’ Agreements in mergers and acquisitions
- Liaison with legal advisors
- Implementation and drafting of Good Corporate Practice codes for the Group
- Handle disputes on behalf of the client.
- Draft all legal and compliance related documentation.
- The position will be based in Johannesburg, Gauteng.
- The person will be responsible for all legal functions in his/her portfolio. This will include generating fees and maintaining a current book of business.
An admitted attorney who has private practice and litigation experience:
- Admitted as an Attorney
- Own set of established clients that will follow the candidate to the new firm
- Great Drafting Skills
How to Apply
Please send your CV to Nasreen Chohan on email@example.com for an initial confidential discussion