Our client is a huge law firm with decades of experience in high-level complex commercial work. This firm offers only the best quality of service through is fully integrated offices across the African region. They span all commercial areas of law, tax, forensics and intellectual property.
- Responsible to provide legal advice necessary for limited recourse Project Financing and Project Development;
- Responsible to provide legal advice necessary for corporate law/corporate governance matters;
- Supporting and participating in the negotiations of the terms and conditions of the financing agreements and project documents with financiers and other parties;
- Competent and responsible drafting and negotiating of project and transaction documentation, in particular, share purchase agreements, shareholders’ agreements, constitutional documentation, finance agreements, project development agreements (including power purchase agreements and off-take agreements), concession agreements in connection with PPP, BOT and other models, and EPC contracts, O&M contracts;
- Assist with coordination of due diligence, and arranging and conducting due diligence analyses;
- Preparation of documents including credit papers, rating papers, briefs, client communications, presentations and bid documents;
- Take a lead role in preparing financial sections of the statement of qualifications and proposals, reviewing commercial agreements; and analysing potential development, and partnership structures.
Qualifications & Experience
- Qualified lawyers with 2-6 years of post-qualification experience;
- Excellent drafting skills;
- Interest in handling large project development and project finance transactions;
- Substantial experience in handling due diligence investigations;
- Substantial experience/interest in the energy and infrastructure space;
- Substantial corporate / M&A experience (including experience with establishing and governing JVs);
- Substantial financial law experience;
- Client facing experience and the ability to understand and respond effectively to client needs,
- A commercial approach and an ability to negotiate effectively;
- A collaborative attitude to working within large teams and with colleagues at all levels.
How to apply
Our client wants to see CVs as soon as possible. To make sure you don’t miss out, send your CV or referrals to Mishkah Wahab at [email protected].
If you know any colleagues or friends that might be perfect for this role, please refer them to us. We will make sure that you receive a referral benefit in the event of a successful placement.
As soon as we have your CV we will give you a confidential call to discuss this opportunity.