An International law firm with offices in South Africa has an exciting opportunity for an Associate/Senior Associate with a strong background in the Energy, Infrastructure and Project Finance department with a focus on Oil and Gas projects in the emerging markets.
• LLB Degree
• Admitted Attorney
• 4-6 years PQE
• Sound knowledge and experience in the Energy, Infrastructure and Project Finance field
• Knowledge of the petroleum regimes
• Understanding of oil and gas projects at all levels
• Exceptional communication skills
• Negotiating skills
• Excellent drafting abilities
Key responsibilities includes:
• Providing general legal advice to the Client and various departments,
• Providing legal advice to stakeholders regarding internal restructures and business activities in the Oil and Gas industry,
• Drafting of legal documents including Requests for qualifications and Proposals as well as various contracts,
• Drafting briefs for counsel and instructing counsel
• Compiling and drafting due diligence reports
• Negotiate and draft finance agreements, direct agreements and project documents
• Negotiate and prepare documents for oil and gas exploration and development transactions, as well as acquisition documentation.
The successful candidate will work in a dynamic team dealing with Corporate, Finance and Projects work across Africa. This is an opportunity to make a name for yourself in Africa.