Our client is a leading Global Engineering Consulting company involved in providing a full range of technology-driven, value adding solutions and services to clients in the mining, minerals, metallurgical, manufacturing, infrastructure, transportation and energy sectors worldwide.
This is a newly created role and will form part of their existing legal team.
Expect great job satisfaction in this role, as stakeholders rely strongly on legal to support them in carrying out their business. The ideal candidate will be solutions-driven in facilitating the business and have a flexible / fluid approach in offering legal services.
- Relevant legal degree
- 5 – 8 years’ experience in a legal environment (engineering and construction preferably)
- An admitted attorney in the high court
- Experience within a major law firm or corporate
- Ability to interact with clients / Senior Management
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Good problem solving / Conflict management skills
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to stay calm under pressure
- Able to work independently
- Provide sound legal advice and judgment for projects, joint ventures, and supply agreements with clients and partners in South Africa and throughout the world.
- Prepare contracts and relevant legal documentation, aligned with governance and strategic plan.
- Participate in negotiations with clients, partners and vendors.
- Build effective internal and external relationships using a collegial and consultative approach.
- Help resolve claims and disputes.
- Merger and acquisitions, general commercial transactions, technology licensing and employment matters.
- Actively participate with the global team in publishing on legal and commercial topics of interest to global leadership team and contributing to global precedents.
Remuneration: Up to R1 mil CTC per annum