Our client is one of the most prestigious, global leaders in news and business intelligence. The client promises both regional and global projects and exposure to blue-chip clients. Their HK Central office towers over the skyline. The firm is multi-cultural and inclusive, offering you an opportunity to gain world-class working experience to take your legal career to new heights!
Do you know a 1-3PQE Lawyer who wants to move in-house and join a world-renowned international news and publishing conglomerate?
- Commercial/TMT lawyer
- 1-3 PQE
- Chinese and English language skills
- Based in HK or able to relocate immediately
- Motivated, ambitious, confident, team player
- Responsible for legal matters arising in the APAC region (and global projects as required
- Provide guidance and support to the APAC teams
- Stay abreast with rule/regulatory developments affecting the firm
- Commercial and transactional work
- Responsible for legal matters arising in the APAC region
- Sales in relation to negotiation and structure of sales transactions, and advising relevant personnel in relation to negotiation and structure of relationships with information providers, vendors, consultants, and distributors;
- Drafting and negotiating a wide variety of commercial contracts and other types of contracts
- Ad hoc legal tasks/ projects (may be region specific or global in nature), e.g. support to the global sourcing department;
- Maintain updated knowledge of legal and regulatory developments in the APAC region
- Conducting training sessions for sales teams in APAC
- Participate in regular but ad hoc projects which may be region specific or global in nature;
- Manage external counsel when necessary on specific transactions.
- An admitted attorney who ideally has large firm experience
- 1-3 PQE commercial/TMT lawyer
- with a strong background in commercial law, contracting, IP, privacy and regulatory compliance coupled with a broad understanding of general legal issues (preferably in the media industry).
- experienced with data protection, privacy law and transactions involving digital products/services are preferred (but not essential)
- with a license to practice in HK or other common law jurisdictions
- fluent in spoken and written English and Chinese (mandatory)
How to Apply
Our client wants to see CVs as soon as possible! To make sure you don’t miss out send your CV or referrals to Principal Consultant Rayne Handley email@example.com.
As soon as we have you CV we will give you a confidential call to tell you about this amazing opportunity!