A client in the mining industry is seeking a legal counsel to join their company. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing legal and compliance advisory services.
- Must be admitted as an Attorney or Advocate.
- 3 to 5 years post admission experience.
- Good commercial, corporate and mining law experience.
- Knowledge of commercial contracts management and associated developments.
- Understanding of quality management practices and principles.
- In depth knowledge of commercial risk management and mitigation.
- Good drafting and review commercial contracts.
- Excellent report writing skills. Mining experience would be an advantage.
- Negotiate, draft and review various commercial agreements, including service level agreements, confidentiality and non-disclosure agreements, MOU’s, product supply agreements, supplier terms and conditions, transport agreements and terms and conditions, construction agreements, drilling agreements, finance agreements and any other commercial agreements required in support of the companies various business activities.
- Attend on all legal aspects of mergers and acquisitions, including inter alia due diligence investigations and reporting, and where necessary, assisting in the drafting of appropriate sale agreements, MOI’s and shareholder agreements.
- Participate in the formulation of the legal strategy and approaches to be used in maintaining integrity of mining rights.
- Ensure correct application of the legal strategy.
- Participate in the review and amendment of the legal strategy consistent with business objectives and operational strategies.
- Compile and lodge applications for mining and prospecting rights, refining and export permits.
- Liaise with the various regulators to ensure that the company’s applications for rights and permits are granted in time.
- Provide commercial, environmental and mining legal advice to the business.
- Analyse commercial agreements to give effect to commercial objectives.
For more information, please contact Shana: 011 327 1244 / [email protected]