One of South Africa’s largest Financial Houses is looking to hire a Legal Advisor. The ideal Candidate will be based at the head office in Cape Town – Western Cape.
- LLB Degree with strong academic results
- Admitted Attorney
- 3-5 years PQE within the Banking and Finance Sector
- In-house experience preferred
- Sound knowledge of various legislation including but not limited to the Banks Act, Companies Act, Financial Advisory and Intermediary Services Act, Non-Banks Act, Collective Investment Schemes Control Act, Long-term Insurance Act, Financial Intelligence Centre Act, Pension Funds Act, Financial Markets Act, Exchange Control Regulations, Protection of Personal Information Act.
Key responsibilities includes:
- Drafting and reviewing legal agreements and other legal documentation to adequately manage legal risks;
- Reviewing and providing advice on company legal policies which include legal compliance policy, online policies and regulations and company rules;
- Ensuring minimisation of financial risk through accurate advice to the business on potential legal issues;
- Providing Legal support to business management by developing general awareness, monitoring of consistency, compliance to plans, policies and procedures;
- Providing timeous, professional advice and solutions in respect of legal matters to persons within the company, on request or initiated, resulting in business sustainability and risk mitigation.
- Addressing regulatory queries between the Client and regulators such as the Financial Services Board;
- Drafting various legal opinions on inter alia application of South African law in financing transactions, credit transactions and investment matters;
- Presenting of legal and risk training to business clusters;
- Reviewing and providing advice to the business cluster of the company on various legislative and client complaints;
- Drafting of new product terms and processes.