Our client has a large number of lawyers working across the spectrum of legal disciplines. Their clients include financial institutions, major industrial and commercial corporations, mining houses, parastatals and government departments.
- Draft/ Reviewing credit loan agreements, security documents;
- Drafting/Review and negotiating loan and security documentation;
- Reviewing legislation and attending to research to provide advice and opinions Assist and advise both domestic and international banks as well as large listed corporates on commercial and finance contracts;
- Mentoring and supervising junior associates;
- Conducting legal research;
- Drafting legal memoranda and reports;
- Project management of legal work stream in transactional mandates;
- Providing direct assistance to partners on matters arising in the course of day to day provision of legal services to leading international and domestic clients;
- Work on a range of high profile project finance transactions from high-value projects and acquisitions to complex restructuring;
- Assist with presentations, publications and all business development related initiatives;
- Drafting commercial agreements and other transaction-related ancillary documents and agreements;
- Furnishing legal opinions and advice on various areas of the law within the banking and finance environment;
- Attending to consultations with clients.
Qualifications & Experience
- A minimum a of 8-10 years & experience within a top tier firm or large international banking practice;
- Admitted as an Attorney of the High Court of South Africa;
- Demonstrated experience dealing with complex and intricate transactions within the African market;
- Outstanding analytical, technical and drafting skills (Facility agreements, Security documents);
- Excellent research skills.
How to apply
Our client wants to see CVs as soon as possible. To make sure you don’t miss out, send your CV or referrals to Mishkah Wahab at [email protected].
If you know any colleagues or friends that might be perfect for this role, please refer them to us. We will make sure that you receive a referral benefit in the event of a successful placement.
As soon as we have your CV we will give you a confidential call to discuss this opportunity.