On behalf of my client, an international wealth management firm, I am seeking applications from qualified individuals for the role of Data Protections Officer.
Applicants must have 5 years’ Jersey residency, as required by Control of Housing and Work (Jersey) Law 2012.
The DPO is responsible for ensuring full compliance with local regulatory requirements on data protection. The role will involve working closely with all teams across the business, especially the In-house legal team. Compliance with the rules will require the robust implementation of policies, systems and procedures.
- Inform all internal stakeholders of their obligations under data protection legislation
- Create a robust Group Data Protection policy and ensure the correct systems and procedures are in place to support it
- Implement a governance framework which ensures that data is used in compliance with local laws throughout the organisation.
- Review said policies and frameworks regularly
- Serve as Chair of the Data Protection Committee
- Training of internal stakeholders as to their obligations
- Serve as key point of contact for the Information Commissioner for Jersey
- Handle all privacy matters for data subjects and deal with subject access requests
- Maintain all records in compliance with local requirements
- Monitor changes to laws and regulations within the local jurisdiction, and any other globally that will impact local implementation
- Maintain close working relationships with all other departments across the group in order to ensure full compliance
- Practitioner Certificate holder
- Comprehensive knowledge of GDPR and national data protection laws
- Prior experience in data protection and legal compliance
- Demonstrable leadership and project management experience
- Knowledge of data processing operations in the company’s sector is desirable
- Familiarity with computer security systems Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information
- Ability to communicate effectively with the highest levels of management and decision-making within the organization
- Adequate self-awareness and confidence to acknowledge knowledge gaps and seek training where necessary
- Integrity and solid ethical approach, including the ability to confidently report any non-compliance
- Organisational skills with attention to detail
- The ability to work well in a team
- Problem solving skills
- A strong customer focus
- The ability to prioritise your workload
How to apply
Please send your CV to Amanda Mahoney at [email protected] for an initial confidential discussion