A client based in Pretoria, is seeking an Attorney or Economist that specializing in Competition Law to manage the department. The ideal candidate should have extensive competition law experience or competition economics.
- Masters degree in economics or LLM.
- 10 – 15 years post qualification experience.
- At least 5 years in a management position.
- Practical experience in competition economics and/or competition law.
- Extensive case management skills.
- Provide superior economic and/or legal advice on the investigation strategy of the cases to the team.
- Assess, evaluate and advise on the strengths and weaknesses of theories of harm and evidence in investigations.
- Assist in researching and identifying priority areas for investigations.
- Lead in the prosecution and settlement of matters before the Competition Tribunal and other courts, where required.
- Lead and manage case teams on all aspects of investigation in the section.
- Provide guidance, coaching and mentorship to ensure personal development of staff.
- Strategically contribute to the planning and operational management of the division.
- Participate in team efforts in the division.
- Participate in executive decision making and provide policy inputs, where required.
For more information, please contact Shana: 011 327 1244