Our client is a listed investment holding company is looking to hire an IP/ Trademark lawyer to join their legal team, which forms part of the company’s management services division. The company based in Stellenbosch is a diversified investment company, with interests in numerous sectors including Financial Services, Healthcare, FMCG, Infrastructure, Sport and Media.
The position is for an experienced IP/ Trademark lawyer with extensive experience in the corporate commercial environment.
The role will be responsible for the management of a portfolio of trademarks as well as to provide commercial legal services to the various entities within the company, including:
- Responsible for a medium sized portfolio of trademarks, that is expected to grow
- Prosecution of Trademarks locally and internationally
- Advise on Trademark disputes
- Drafting and vetting of various commercial agreements
- Advising on various commercial legal matters and disputes
- Provide sound legal advice to the various entities with the group
- LLB or higher qualification
- 5-8 years PQE experience in IP and Trademark law
- Experience in corporate commercial highly advantageous
- Preference will be given to applicants from private practice, but candidates with appropriate in-house experience will be considered.
- Proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel.