Our client is a privately-owned financier, which is a member of one of Africa’s largest private equity funds. The company offers expert capital solutions and flexible drawing and repayment terms. Our client is a frontrunner in Africa’s litigation funding and is proud to be part of Global Best practices.
- The main point of contact for any and all litigation matters;
- Reviewing and drafting of various commercial documentation and preparing for litigation;
- Take a practical and operational approach to the legal function of the business and client’s interest;
- Ensure professional and accurate dispute advice;
- Knowledge of litigation funding essential.
- Proven track record of mitigating risks;
- Case Management.
Qualifications & Experience
- A South African admitted attorney who ideally has boutique litigation firm experience on an associate or senior associate level;
- Strong Civil Procedural law experience including drafting, reviewing and negotiating contracts and pleadings;
- 4 – 7 years’ experience in a boutique litigation firm;
- Knowledge of recent changes in the High Court and Lower Court Proceedings and Court directives;
- Experience in alternative dispute resolution;
- Strong Academics;
- Continuing education after completion of articles;
- In the event of large law firms experience, the candidate should have rotated between 4 different areas/sectors of litigation to be considered as a viable candidate.