Kelly Hutchesson is a senior associate in Eversheds Sutherland's commercial group and a notary public. Kelly advises ICT service providers on:
• IT and business process outsourcing
• the design/build/run of digital platforms
• system integration arrangements
• cloud computing (including PaaS, IaaS and SaaS)
• fintech projects
• cyber security, business continuity & disaster recovery arrangements
• data centres (including the development phase)
She has also advised on a number of corporate transactions including mergers and acquisitions, due diligences, sale of businesses, corporate restructuring and divisionalisation of subsidiaries and cross border acquisitions. Kelly has also reported several mergers to the competition authorities in South Africa for various acquisitions, particularly in the TMT sector.
In the real estate sector, Kelly has drafted and negotiated various lease agreements (including triple net and built-to-suit leases), construction agreements and purchase and sale of land agreements. Recently Kelly advised a data centre provider on the site acquisition, build and securing of sufficient power from Eskom for three major data centres in Cape Town.